Friday, April 22, 2005

Feeling better now...

Do wonder about myself at times. Was gripped with sadness and despair yesterday, yet today I feel hopeful--excited, even.

Thursday: See Ann. See Ann sob. Sob Ann, sob.
Friday: See Ann. See Ann giddy. Giddy, Ann, giddy.

Here's the thing: Just got back from my friend Hilary's house, and she and her partner Amy have me all revved up about doing The Comedy in P-town. I have been wondering if this job drama/trauma is my HP's way of saying, "Would you think about doing something else for a change?" (To paraphrase my bit on erectile dysfunction--I'd explain, but life's too short.) I have spent a good 20+ years (!) of my life editing, and it may be time to do something else--not to the exclusion of editing, perhaps, but in addition to it.

It may be feasible, it may not. That remains to be seen, but the prospect of a combination editing-comedy career cheers me up like nothing else that has happened this week, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

What a week, eh?!

No comments: