Saturday, April 16, 2005

How did this happen?

I'm painting again. We have a house the size of a postage stamp, but I'm wearing my painter's white pants and splattered-with-paint men's shirt and waiting for the primer to dry.

It's amazing how long it takes to paint a tiny, tiny house. And how BORING it is--again, I find myself wondering, "How did my father do this for a living?" I also understand why he ate bowls of ice cream the size of small building after a day on the job--if I had to do that every day, you bet I'd have a big ol' incentive waiting for me at the end. (And, as my father before me, ice cream would definitely be my treat of choice.)

The good news is, once I finish the kitchen walls, I am off the house painter's hook until fall, when we start in on the bedrooms.

For it is cottage season at long last--we're heading out there today (after I put a coat of paint over the primer, mind you). So no more house chores!

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean there aren't any cottage chores to do--I'll be painting the deck out there sometime soon, mark my words. So springtime means I switch from being a house painter to being a cottage painter. Sigh.

Do love this home-ownership business (it beats living in an apartment with noisy neighbors and no dogs), but it has a downside. It's called: NO FREE TIME.

Ah--the primer's dry. Time to get back to work. Happy weekend to you all......

No comments: