Thursday, May 06, 2010

Not what I'd call a real week off....

Seems I wasn't feeling punk just because I needed a transfusion. Tuesday night, I felt as though my breathing was labored, and thanks to the helpful intervention of Sky and quick response from my MGH team, on Wednesday I was on my way to Boston to get my lungs checked. With (Saint) Karen.

Turns out I had fluid in a left lung, fluid that was removed in a process only slightly less barbaric than the nosebleed "solutions" I have endured this year. It was less awful than I imagined, but I still hope I never have to do that again.

A girl can dream, can't she?

We won't know what the possible cause of the fluid is until myriad tests have been run. For now, I'm happy to breathe a little easier--was beginning to feel as though I had donned a corset around my midsection. Not comfy, not comfy at all.

Today's transfusions left me tired, but I promised myself I'd update the blog before I'd allow myself to nap. Hope this perks me up eventually in some way/shape/form. The other person getting a transfusion in my room was a 75 year-old-man with leukemia. He said he wasn't ready to go yet--he still had a lot of things to do.

Amen, brother.

Lastly, Shwea had yet another test and it looks as though whatever is causing her to be sick and so forth is either allergy- or medicine-related. No signs of tumors or the equivalent. Hooray! I don't know what I'd do if she fell seriously ill, truly--just cleaning up after her each morning tests my endurance. Here's hoping we can get to the bottom of his and ease her delicate tummy soon.

Well, that is the latest, and a good nap is calling. Hope all is well with you, xo, Ann

2 comments:

Jennifer Myszkowski said...

I'm relieved you posted an update, Padlock. I'm afraid I've turned into a bit of a stalker via internet, checking regularly to see what's happening with you. St. Karen, indeed.

Thinking of you and wishing you well,
<3,
Jennifer (and Scott, of course)

PJ said...

Well Ann....I am back..and like Jennifer, I check everyday, even if I don't post.
I wish I had answers for you, and I wish the Bombshell would feel better...I wish you didn't have to go thru this...I wish life would cut you a damn break.

Pulling for you...as always. You always sound so positive...not matter what, something you post brings a smile to my face...

peace...pj and peg