Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Counting down...

The preparation for moving my medical operations home continues. Tomorrow, I am scheduled to see if I can have a drain of sorts intalled in my left lung so it can be cleared out as needed. It depends on a number of factors beyond my control (the saga continues), and more will be revealed tomorrow. We shall see.

Today Saint Karen was on site, keeping me company and comforted. Also had a good talk with Keitheley (thank you, sweetie), Ann and Jo, the chaplin on staff and more. A lot of tears, sweetness, and frank discussions of mortality. Ain't we got fun?

Oh well....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure hope you can get on home...I think the Blonde Bombshell is desperate to give you some licking and cuddling and loving. And I can probably guarantee you would appreciate all she gave you. I don't have a "chaplin on staff" (sometimes wish I did!) but after reading your blogs I have had some tears and frank thoughts on mortality also (along with some unspeakable words for cancer and the tough things you are going through). My thoughts and prayers are with you, Ann.
hugs, Claudia

Sita said...

Dear Ann,

Our giant candle continues to burn for you, and Shwea of course. You are so much in our thoughts---we are just hardly registering this ongoing chain of events in your life. We cuss, and cry, and simply look at each other in disbelief.
Brava and I stopped at your place yesterday to survey the grass & such and noticed the fence had been blown halfway down. Whether a "sign" or not, I took the liberty of taking it all down and hauling it to the dump. It practically fell of the posts on its own.
This morning I remembered the square of fabric outside the oncology waiting room: "There are no reasons for anything. Things are just what they are. The End."
As I close this rather lengthy comment, I hear Linda's voice saying how long-winded my comment was that time :)
much love, Sita
ps--please give my # to Karen, or anyone else in your care-taking circle. Thanks.

Sita said...

Lest you worry that I've removed the fence around your entire house---I was referring to the small one in front near the pines.

love, Sita