Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back home!

Just woke up from a dream I've been having a lot lately--or at least a variation on a dream I have been having. I am running through a raging rain storm through a rural landscape barely wrapped in some sheets. Never a runner in "real life," I seem to have an endless supply of energy to cover miles of terrain in the worst weather imaginable, but seem to be doing it all effortlessly.

What to make of that, eh?

But that's why I'm posting you dear people now--due to delays both at the hospital and on the highway, Val, Joan and yours truly didn't get home until after 8 p.m. (Many, many thanks to Val and Joan for waiting with me and taking me home, BTW.) Was overwhelmed by my Bombshell's welcome, as usual (she has a full-body wag that cracks me up), and was very touched by all work that had gone into preparing my home for my return by Deb/Carmella, Mary, Lynn and other generous souls.

The most notable addition to the house being the oxygen system that my lung condition requires. Thanks to that, yours truly is typing with a lovely loop of plastic on her noggin'--my look just gets better and better, eh? But since breathing is something I rather enjoy, I am going to work this look as long as I must.

Am feeling pretty good, if bloated--looking a little more like the Pillsbury Doughboy than I would like right now--but hope that medicine and getting around (and not just in sheets in my dreams) will help lighten my water load.

Saying a good-bye of sorts to my wonderful medical team at MGH was very hard--they really all worked so hard on my dear carcass, and while I certainly prefer to be home more than not, I am going to miss their incredible dedication, professionalism, and most of all, sweetness (yes, sweetness). Hope you never find yourself in need of MGH's services, but if you do, I can't recommend them enough.

Well, the birds are chirping in earnest, so I had better get back to bed if I'm going to get any more rest out of this first night home. Love from Northampton and the Goddess, A

5 comments:

Rebecca Weber said...

So glad you are Home Ann. Sending prayers and gentle hugs. Rebecca Weber

Unknown said...

Yay! You're home! With your loving Bombshell! Keep on having that dream...it sounds like a winner to me (I'd interpret it for you but I get the feeling you already have!!).
Thinking of you and praying and sending as many good vibes as my body can emit,

Claudia

Pat Basche said...

Greetings dear cousin,
I am so happy for you, being home. My thoughts never stray far from you. I'm in Eagle River this weekend. I would love to come visit you at any time (ANY TIME). Lewis has my phone number for this weekend and my cell phone number also. Hope you're comfortable at home. Massive amounts of love to you,

Pat

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have so many dear friends, Your brother LEW and a bombshell there for you.

Big Sis Beth and Paula

Trevor said...

Welcome home, Ann. Glad you're back. I laughed out loud (as usual) when I read your comment about breathing being something you rather enjoy.