Sunday, May 23, 2010

Accomodation day

When they said they were going to set me up with a comfortable chair at church, they weren't kidding. I sat in a vintage (over 30 years' old) Lazy Boy--with my feet up--at the end of the aisle, with a direct view of Pastor Andrea and the choir.

And I was silly comfy the whole time. How many churches would do that for the likes of me, I ask you? Incredible.

In the afternoon, I was visited by a group of sober friends who held a meeting in my home. I haven't been able to get to meetings for ages, perhaps since Linda got sick, so when this was offered to me I jumped at it. It was just what this gal needed, truly.

Then my cousin Pat, who I haven't spoken to in ages, called, and the day was complete. (Things are looking up for her, and that's the kind of news I can never get too much of.)

That's not all that happened today--Mary came by to tend the Bombshell and made me a sandwich, bless her heart. She also investigated the basement on my behalf, as I have promised not to toddle down there alone.

Last night around midnight, my hot water heater kicked in for a long run--since it's only supposed to run on demand, it was odd that it began running when I was in bed. Mary couldn't find anything, so I'm going to call the plumber to see if it "self cleanses" or some such nonsense on occasion.

Oh well, isn't there always something?

Signing off from a fabulous day, xo, Ann and Shwea

1 comment:

Sita said...

Well, thank god (literally, I suppose) for that wonderful little church of yours. I can just see you perched in the recliner. :)
I'm also glad to hear the sober group came to you. Such gifts you are receiving.

love to the BS and you,
Sita