Friday, May 07, 2010

Back in my johnnie again!

This "week off" has officially been declared a dud. I am writing to you from my room on the 20th floor of MGH, where I await the "chariot" that will take me to my MRI.

My back and arms started to hurt last night, and the tightness in my midriff ratcheted up a notch or two this morning. I contacted one of my MM team this morning about it, and wouldn't you know, they wanted to see me--in person--ASAP.

Saint Karen drove me to Boston yet again, where my main doctor told me that the analysis of the fluid in my lungs showed it to be cancer-related, and this increase in pain was likely due to that, too.

In other words, the chemo I've been enjoying isn't really doing its job. So, they're starting me on another regimen on Sunday and it will likely keep me here until Friday or thereabouts.

Unless, of course, the MRI shows a mass that needs to get radiated.

Here's hoping they find nada, is all I can say. Radiation keeps me out of the treatment loop, and that won't help me much.

But if they do, they do, and I'll do whatever necessary to show the so-n-so the door.

Will let you know what's shaking tomorrow, promise.

On the good news front, I received my Stevie Wonder greatest hits compilation today. Think I'm going to listen to "Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing" a few thousand times. xo, A

P.S.: Not to worry, Aunt Mary is making sure the Bombshell is being properly fed, walked and fussed over in my absence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know...that makes me think of a song - Back In the Saddle Again...but with different words. Back in my johnnie again. In where the Doc is my friend. Where the chemother'py feeds on the evil cancer seed. Back in my johnnie again!
I will continue to hold you in my thoughts, Ann!
Blessings,
Claudia

Pat said...

Ann,
Your family in Eau Claire wishes you all the best...I'm thinking of a song (like Claudia) but mine is a McDonald's jingle: "you deserve a break today." We will continue to keep you in our thoughts. Hugs and snugs from Pat, John, Max, and Jenny