Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good sandwich! Appointments? So-so

Goddess bless Karen for making the drive to Boston today, for the weather was iffy and the traffic terrible. We were over a half-hour late to our appointments today, but it just couldn't be helped.

And we went out there for a procedure I can't have right now, anyway, so it wasn't a necessary Boston trip, after all. My blood counts are too low right now for any extraordinary procedures, apparently. Here's hoping we find that sort of thing out before we make the big trip next time (for Karen's/my driver's sake, if no one else). The best news was that they thought I could try to go without oxygen for a while--I may just wear it at night, but I might just avoid it altogether for as long as I can. We shall see....

I must say, however, I enjoyed my lunch today as I have not enjoyed lunch in ages. With apologies to my vegetarian and vegan friends, I had a cheesesteak sandwich and fries with a Coke at the MGH cafeteria that was just the thing. Heaven!

Then came home to find that my dear friends had the courage to cook the monster lasagna that has been filling the freezer lo these many days, perhaps weeks. Such brave souls!!

As for tomorrow, I get some radiation and meet with my local oncologist for the first time. So right now, TV beckons, and who can blame me? W/love from yours truly and the Blond to End All Blonds.

1 comment:

Sita said...

Sorry to hear about the "bum trip" to Boston. But thank goodness for that cafeteria (as I recall, my oatmeal was even tasty there). You go girl!
And if you need any help with that lasagna you know where to find me.
I hope the radiation goes well today. I'm glad it's closer to your home.
Enjoy this beautiful sunshine.
love, Sita