Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy, happy joy, joy! Oh, and silly.

While some days are not so great, some days (or portions thereof) were good. Great, even.

Thursday was a down, down day, but Friday was much, much better. Jo came by for a good visit in the morning. We talked about how her family was going to take in the Bombshell if my timeline is what it appears to be--she'll need a new home, and they are going to do make life very rich and interesting for our gal. At least that's how I hope it works out--hey, you do what you can and hope for the best, eh?

Then Pastor Andrea came by with lunch, and we talked about what's going on and what the church can do to aid and abet yours truly (for one thing, I'm going to have a comfortable chair to sit in tomorrow--hey, I am not one for special treatment, but my dear body can't sit in those pews) and to pray.

Then, because I hadn't had enough prayer and introspection, I had a session with my therapist, who has an incredible perspective on illness that helps so much now.

Boy, I sure know how to have a good time, eh?

Not to worry, my last event of the evening was that Barbara and Carmella took me out to a double-header lesbian film series at the Academy in town. There was a documentary called (I think) "Edie and Theya: A Long Engagement" followed by a hilarious documentary on a New Zealand phenom called "The Top Twins." One made me cry, one made me laugh--the Twins are going to be in town June 12, and I highly recommend you go see them. Country humor and silliness--by two big ol' lesbians. What's not to love? (I'd go, but it's going to be the sort of mob scene I'm supposed to avoid these days.)

Today has been another recovery day, but happily I'm not as flattened out as I was on Thursday. Barbara and Carmella went back to their new home outside of Boston today. Sorry to see them go, but they need to get their lives going on in earnest again. Can't' believe the stellar job that Carmella did a in the basement--it's like a whole new house down there! And Barbara took such lovely care of us all, Shwea included. Am going to miss them, but I think I'm good on my own for a while, anyway.

Before they left, Val and Joan came by to organize me even more (who knew it was possible?). Sky and Karen came by to check in on me, because they can't help themselves (and are so adorable about it), and now I'm home alone with the best dog ever. Oh, and Val--a sworn cat person--gave Shwea her big walk tonight, which I never would have believed if I hadn't seen it myself. What a sweet pea!

Watched yet another silly movie tonight--the "Tooth Fairy," of all things--and it was definitely a light bit of business, but I like that Rock fellow and Ashley Judd? Toss in Julie Andrews, and well.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ashley Judd AND Julie Andrews...yummy!! Sounds like you had a swell couple of days, and after Thursday... well deserved! You are blessed indeed to have such loving, attentive friends.
prayers and hugs,
Claudia