Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things are looking up, aren't they?

Well, I finally landed a temp job, just as I was about to go to the dogs.

It's for only three weeks, but it will be in an office in Northampton and will pay enough to keep the wolves at bay a little while longer. Oh, happy day!

Also heard back from a bidness writing job in CT today, but it sounds as though I'd be driving a lot, so may need to think hard about whether I want to make a play for that.

But the fact that I had three prospects this week, people that were actually interested in having me work for them, that does me a world of good.

Speaking of world of good, I was moved by season finale of "Brat Camp," even though I remain skeptical as to how much long-term impact the wilderness program will have on these kids. And forgive me, but I am not at all surprised that Jada, the compulsive liar in the group who can bend her daddy into any shape she wants, is in trouble with the authorities. She irritates the heck out of me, for she is so divorced from reality you know she's going to have to do something BIG to get her incredibly misshapen ego's attention. I doubt that the mishap with the motorboat would do it--her family swept her out of state so she wouldn't have to deal.

Enablers or parents? She's got a two-fer. Just hope they don't enable her to the point that she kills somebody. Or herself, you know?

Maybe you don't, but let's just say that young woman is an accident waiting to happen. Big time.

But then, I was an accident (not a compulsive liar type, but a pending accident nonetheless) at her age, and I didn't take my BIG fall until my early 30s. Speaking of pending accidents, couldn't help but put my chagrin on for the news that my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was (again) ranked the number-one party school in the nation by the Princeton Review.

Let's hear it for the drunken offspring of America's Dairyland! Wouldn't our hard-working farmer ancestors be proud?

Well, I must run some errands, for I will be joining the workforce tomorrow. Color me aflutter.

No comments: