Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Four months and counting....

It just occurred to me that it has been OVER four months since I started my job hunt, and I am still as semi-employed as I was the day I started.

What to make of that?

Am giving up the idea that it's the Universe trying to tell me something; rather, it's the economy, sweetie--and the economy in these parts is not exactly smokin'.

Of course, the fact that I have skills (writing/editing) that are not appreciated by 99% of the population doesn't help, either.

So, I am in a quandary, really and truly. Over 75 resumes/applications served, and very little (but a few hours paid at half my hourly rate) to show for it.

It's gotten to the point where I put myself in the running for a doggy daycare job yesterday, just because I love dogs more than just about anything on this planet, really and truly. They are proof of God's existence, in my view, for they love us no matter what.

Which is a lot more likely attitude for God to take than "I Hate Fags," if you ask me.

Speaking of which, did you hear about the lesbian couple in Aruba who were unable to get married? And when the townpeople heard about what they tried to do, they threw stones and them and slashed their tires??

All because gay marriage is "against the morals" of the good people of Aruba, according to a local quoted in this weekend's Sunday Republican.

Moral stone-throwing, I get. That's in the Bible. But moral TIRE-SLASHING?

That's a new one.

This from the country that disappears teenagers on spring break, but don't get me started....

No comments: