Monday, August 22, 2005

Not so fast....

Maybe news of my old house's demise was premature after all. Spoke with an elderly neighbor in my hometown this morning, and she reports that the house is still standing--and even looks pretty good, considering.

On the other hand, this same neighbor spoke to me for about 15 minutes then said, "And who are you again, dear?"

So, perhaps we need to talk to more sources before we know for certain what has transpired. Have an e-mail in to the editor of the local paper--perhaps he will have some light to shed.

Then again, the paper is mostly off the wire, so the editor may or may not know anything about what's happening. We shall see....

Must say, I'm almost tempted to jump in the car and start driving west--isn't that INSANE? (So is my level of curiosity, what can I tell you!)

No comments: