Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Good news day!

I know I'm slow on the uptake, but I just learned this morning that the Russians who were in the sub that got tangled up in some underground cables (or was it fishing lines?--never was made clear) were freed. I have claustrophobic tendencies, and just reading about their plight caused my chest to tighten up--this news was a major relief!

Then just moments ago, I heard that the shuttle Discovery safely touched down at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
WoooWeeee!!!

Since good news has been hard to come by in my personal realm (the tire-pressure light went on in my car again last night, so I've got another appointment with my new mechanic this afternoon--yup, that's all sorts of fun), I've decided to seize upon the happiness of others, even if I don't know them from Adam. Or Eve, for that matter.

Good times! (I'll take 'em where I can find 'em.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or Steve.