Thursday, August 11, 2005

These are the times that try....

Well, it's official--I didn't get the job with the metals people I thought I was going to get. Just found out today.

And, to add a little je ne sais quoi, I also got a rejection letter from a job I thought I would at least get an interview for--as I had a person inside the company shepherd my resume through the ranks.

So much for that. Is it me, or am I being DRIVEN to a life of Comedy and temp work?

What are my options here?

The good news for today? Certainly there's something good to report, you cry!

Hmmm, let's see. For starters, my oral surgery is healing okay, and the dear Dr. took out what was left of my stitches. Freedom!

And "my" rep at the temp agency returned my call. Interesting aside: She called after I called her colleague in town, who suggested--and does this strike anyone else as bizarre?--that I sign up with other agencies.

I think I have my marching orders, just as soon as I can trust my car. (Please goddess, let it be after tomorrow's appointment!)

No comments: