Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Understanding is a [fill-in-the-blank]

Well, at least the sort of understanding I've gained this week. I now have first-hand knowledge of what it is like to feel nausea for a number of days. Linda endured waves of nausea for weeks, perhaps months, and I know a little better how just awful her life must have been for a very long time. It is knowledge I would rather not have, mind you, for what is there to be done? I am a wuss, this I know, but to contemplate such expanses of time feeling this lousy or worse? Makes me very, very sad for my Sweetie.

Otherwise, what is there to report? Not much, I'm sorry to say. The furnace is still leaking, though the dear company was prompt with its billing for the "repair." They will be back with some other options, per the nice lady at the shop. In my experience, most tradespeople have a nice lady answering the phone on behalf of the guys in the shop. I think they do that in part because (sexism alert) women listen better, and to defuse angry customers who were gearing up to give one of the repair guys an earful. I know my father was not above having me answer the phone when he thought a mad customer was calling--who is going to yell at an 8-year-old girl? Actually, you'd be surprised.

Or would you?

Anyway, I digress. Seems what news I have is not exactly pleasant, so perhaps I should just go to bed. Again. (I've had to nap more than once today.)

Hope you are all well, and all of your major household systems are behaving themselves. These are not small things, apparently.

No comments: