Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh, crap

I've spent the last seven hours in the local ED, courtesy of a nosebleed that started this afternoon. (Thanks to Ginger for the ride, Maria for feeding the Bombshell, and Anne for giving her blondness her nighttime walk, btw.)

As you can imagine, a nosebleed, even of the 9-plus hour variety, is not a show-stopper in a busy ED, so the wait was not surprising.

Unfortunately, my options were few, and the ED is where the Boston doc told me to go.

Goddess bless Ann H. for sitting with me the entire time, telling tales and generally keeping the time passing along. Thanks, too, to Jo, who was left in charge of their children while Ann was watching me hold gauze to my nose.

Fascinating!

Must say, I was really surprised at how angry I was at this latest twist in my saga. Multiple myeloma? Check. Blood clot?? Well, it can be borne. But an endless nose bleed?!!

Now I'm pissed.

No comments: