Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wooo Howdy!

What a great night at The Studio! I can't think of more than a couple shows that went better than last night's. The people were not just laughing, they were roaring--and clapping. A lot. What a hoot!

You know, I was looking forward to St. Patrick's in Cambridge, but the bad-vibe gremlins had begun to chip away at my enthusiasm shortly after I arrived. I noticed the cluster of college-aged young men in front and thought, "Uh, oh. They're not going to know what to make of the likes of me." Then, I was in the bathroom, and a very young woman staggered by, and I thought, "Oh, jeez--this could be bad." The few middle-aged folks in the audience gave me some hope, but then I watched them during the first comic's set and thought, "Oh dear, they're a little stonefaced."

But you know, it all worked out, and The Comedy and I are friends again. Happiness.

All that was tempered a bit today, however, for one of my favorite relatives in Wisconsin is facing a major health scare. Her lungs are acting up, and none of the possible causes floated by her doctors give one much in the way of hope. She could have COPD, emphysema, or cancer.

Could we have a fourth option, please?

She's got a tremendous sense of humor and is being characteristically funny about this, but I can tell she's frightened. Who wouldn't be??? The only good news is I called her to tell her Linda and I were planning to visit her and her hubby in May, and she was glad to hear it. But she had to say, "Well, if I haven't gone under by then, we'll be happy to see you."

Who wants to lose a relative like that? No one, that's who!

No comments: