Saturday, March 25, 2006

In the news....

The Daily Hampshire Gazette ran an article about comics yesterday in their magazine, including yours truly. I am pleased that my name was spelled correctly, but that's about it.

Not that there was any mangling of my words, as has happened in the past. I just read the piece and had the song, "Is That All There Is?" pop into my head. There are no people of color interviewed in the piece, very little sense of the comedy scene and relationships among comics, and no pictures of anybody but white folks--straight white folks, I should add.

All I can say is it's got a point of view, and it is not one that I share. Or haven't, I should say, since the late 1980s.

Ah, life. Full of little disappointments.

As for something that's not disappointing, may I point you to the SHOWTIME series "Weeds"?

I haven't laughed that hard in ages. It's a wonder!

No comments: