Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Visualize whirled peas--no, wait, that's not it....


Started yesterday off on the wrong foot--forgot to do my visualization of the perfect job, not to mention meditation, so that I began the week in a wee, panicked frenzy (how can a frenzy be wee, you ask? A Midwesterner has it).

Today, I'm going to start the day right, in the hopes I will face the day with more calm. Calm would be a nice change of pace. Calm and dry would be nice, too (it's raining buckets out there today).

On other fronts, I was bemused by my brother, who sent me an ageist birthday card even though he is a whopping 12 years older than I am. What gall, eh? Mr. Way Past Middle Age thought he was being clever by making it look as if their Airedale, Harry, sent the card.

As if. If he can't chew it up and/or swallow it whole, Harry wants nothing to do with it.

So this is what it's come to--using one's innocent dog to do one's dirty deeds? My brother should be ashamed of himself.

That will never happen, this I know.

Time to go think happy thoughts about my future job/commute/colleagues/paycheck and beyond.

(Speaking of happy thoughts, how's about that Linus picture up there? He had just roamed through the woods of the Becket quarry, and that makes him feel like a natural canine, let me tell you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madam, if it's your birthday, I think you have to tell the people exactly when it is so they can wear hats and celebrate. Or at least just wish you a timely happy birthday.