Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Murphy was an optimist, Round II

Well, the tire is a complete loss, but--happy day!--the guy at the dealership said I'd just have to replace it, not all four.

That constitutes good news today.

Unfortunately, I returned home to a "Thanks, but no thanks" letter from an organization that I would dearly love to work for--sadly, they don't share my feelings.

Guess I wasn't supposed to work there. At least not in that position. Good to know.

On other fronts, drove by the spot where my tire met its untimely end, camera in tow, and wouldn't you know it, but the workers were gone and they had completely cleaned the road. (It wasn't the rubble-strewn mess I drove through this morning.)

Should I be surprised?

OF COURSE NOT!

Oh dear--must work on my attitude. Linda's coming home in a few hours, and we must celebrate her birthday with all due joy.

Or a reasonable facsimile.

No comments: