Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A job interview?!

Yes, a little over two weeks into my job hunt, and I've got me a real, live job interview. My first, but goddess willing, certainly not my last. To get this opportunity, I sent my resume in over one of those online job boards a little over a week ago (which isn't nearly as satisfying as putting together a cover letter-resume combo and slipping them into the mail as we used to do back in the days when I last job-hunted/before the Internet, but I digress), then today acing the phone (weed out the wackos) interview phase.

Friday morning, 10:30 a.m., I meet with a managing editor. For an hour. Yikes! If I somehow pass this stage, I then get interviewed by a panel--a panel--of editors. Oh, and take an editing test.

Am getting a wee bit wracked with anxiety just typing this, but I guess that's to be expected.

Job hunting IS nerve-wracking, no?

But having an interview will be good practice, regardless of how it comes out--and it will be at the end of the week, so I can start fresh next week (if it all goes to heck in a handbasket, or something).

Friday is going to be a beaut, let me tell you--job interview in the morning, dentist appointment in the afternoon. Yes, besides job hunting, I get to deal with an abscessed tooth. And there's the little matter of a deadline on Friday, too, but that is more than I can contemplate right now. EEEK!

Ah life!



No comments: