Monday, May 16, 2005

A good show does a comic good....

Must say, last night's show at Jimmy Tingle's Off-Broadway was a winner--there was a fairly large, ready-to-laugh audience, (most of) the comics were in top form, and yours truly only hit a few dead spots in her set. (And what few dead spots I hit were more than compensated for by the response to my "keeper" bits, I'm happy to report).

Not only that, four friends--four friends indeed--made the drive from Western Mass to see the show. That was perhaps the best part of the evening, though dinner at the Indian restaurant across the street before the show was pretty darn phenomenal, I must say.

It sure as hell is a drive, going to/from Boston--I was one pooped puppy on the way home last night, grateful as grateful can be I wasn't driving (thank you, Jennifer, she who definitely killed last night).

Today, however, the adrenaline of last night's show is long gone, replaced by a growing anxiety that I am not going to find a job any time soon. To fight that, I'm going to apply to three more jobs today, go to the local state jobs/career center Wednesday, and start a comedy/writing class, too.

If I don't find work, it's not for lack of trying, this I know.

On other fronts, I learned that I'm a candidate for oral surgery this morning. (Yes, I scheduled a dentist appointment for first thing Monday. No, I don't know what I was thinking.) The root canal was badly done, or so it seems--glad somebody is finally willing to opine on how this happened.

Whatever. The result is that I am probably going to pay an oral surgeon to save my molar instead of going to Las Vegas for my Peace Corps reunion. The times being what they are, I need to make such decisions.

And tomorrow, I get to start my side career as our cleaning lady. And then Thursday, my beloved boss is officially out of his job, along with my favorite managing editor/Buddhist.

Yeah, this is not an easy week to keep my sunny side up. But I'm trying....

No comments: