Saturday, May 14, 2005

New England hospitality?

I dunno. Last night's show at a lovely coffee house, Cafe Koko in Greenfield, wasn't really a hit. There were people there, they were paying attention, but they just didn't seem to be in the mood for laughter. Bemused expressions, the occasional head shake, yes--but laugh out loud? Not this bunch.

Too bad, for I love the place and think its owners are great people (and not just because they're former Peace Corps Vols, though that doesn't hurt).

Tomorrow, Jennifer, Holly, and I are off to Boston/Somerville, for the Women In Comedy show. Here's hoping the folks over there are ready to laugh.

I know I'm ready to laugh--with the job hunt weighing eternally on my mind, I am looking forward to a nice night of distraction.

On other fronts, had a lovely lunch chez Holly's with Jennifer, too. It was supposed to be a "let's figure out our set lists" lunch, but since we didn't know how much time we're going to have, it was near impossible to do that. So we talked/listened instead. Good times, for the most part.

When I got back from lunch, I had to book our trip to visit Linda's parents in Florida. In June. Yes, it's going to be all sorts of fun, and I'm just hoping we all get through this with the least amount of trauma possible.

Let's just say her parents failed Parenting 101, especially the part where you protect your child from harm. So, visiting them is more fraught than even the usual lesbian couple visiting straight family visit. (Much more.)

They are getting old--teetering on the brink of oblivion, actually--so Linda thought she should visit.

Here's hoping (and praying) we both don't regret this trip.

No comments: