Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but...

Early this morning, my partner Linda emerged from the basement with an armload of laundry. She appeared to be annoyed, and asked me in all seriousness, "How often do you do laundry?! What is it--every week?"

She capped this with a revelation that one might think only a heterosexual male could come to, but here it is: "It's, like, never-ending!"

I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.

So, dear readers, if you've been laboring under the illusion that women in same-sex couples do not struggle with the utter cluelessness of their spouses where housework is concerned, think again.

On other fronts, I have not cornered the sharp-as-a-tack market, so am truly in no position to judge. In fact, if I had a place to bring my brain in for a tune-up, I would. The problem? I have been scrambling to finish a project I thought was due last Friday, but, it turns out, it isn't due until the 1st of June.

Though it's disconcerting to be so far off the beam, this discovery has lightened my load. Now, I can concentrate my efforts on The Comedy and The Job Hunt, not necessarily in that order. Happy Day!

No comments: