Friday, March 21, 2008

Well, so much for that

Today, a brand-new elliptical machine was supposed to be delivered to my door--well, down into my basement, actually (I paid $100 for that privilege--those suckers are heavy).

I had the basement all cleared out, my rowing machine and TONY LITTLE GAZELLE (snigger) well out of the way, the mat down for the machine to rest upon and so forth, but the delivery folks never showed.

Called the number for the delivery service, and got an answering machine. So, I'm wondering, did they have Good Friday off, too, but neglected to tell me?

Since I had wasted four hours of my holiday waiting for this thing, I decided I didn't want it after all. Doesn't seem right to reward that sort of behavior, in my book. Especially for a (for me) big-ticket item. I can take--no, expect--a lot of crap service when I'm buying stuff at the 7-11 or the like, but when the price is on the other side of $1K, my expectations go up, if only a little.

And boy, did they not deliver--literally or figuratively.

So, I will not be getting an elliptical any time soon. Even though that means I still have to use my GAZELLE (snort!) for the foreseeable.

So I cancelled the order. And get this--I get to pay a restocking fee, even though it was never delivered.

Isn't that something?

The company, in case you're wondering, is Sole. (Not to be confused with soul, naturally.)

On other fronts, I've had to cancel my appearances (such as they are) at the Studio next week and in April. My gal is having surgery on April 1, and so close to home I will stay.

And really--with times like these, I think The Comedy and I are barely speaking to each other.

But this will all blow over....eventually.

And until it does, I'm guessing my funniest joke is in the basement. On the mat that was to support my fancy new machine.

Oh well.....

No comments: