Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bellows Falls--who knew?

Performed in a very small comedy benefit in Bellows Falls, VT Saturday night--the weather was less than ideal, and apparently all the local papers dropped the ball where listings were concerned--but still, enough people came to make a show.

The show? Just okay--the audience was small, and likely stupefied by the incredible Italian meals they just ate at the venue, Boccelli's on the Canal. Those gals do not fool around--every serving I saw was enough for three people, and it all looked beautifully prepared, too. I just had a cannoli, and it was better than any cannoli I've ever had (and hey, not for nothin', I was in NYC's Little Italy not that long ago).

They also have a nice little gourmet foods section, and the location--near a canal, naturally--is very picturesque. Once all is well on the home front, Linda and I have to make the drive up there and give Bellows Falls--and Boccelli's--a thorough look-see. The town has a tremendous case of the quaints, let me tell you!

This was supposed to be a show review, but has devolved into a restaurant review. Guess that says more about the show than anything I could have written, eh?

On other fronts, allow me to tell the world that doesn't already know this (thanks, Jennifer): I own a Tony Little Gazelle. This, apparently, is a hilarity-inducing statement, and one I hope brings you moments of glee (or smug superiority or whatever it is one gets from this knowledge).

I doubt it makes a whit of difference, but I have ordered a proper elliptical machine to replace said Gazelle, for, as you can imagine, I needed something more substantial for my aging carcass.

But please--do let the merriment continue!

1 comment:

Jennifer Myszkowski said...

Dear Ann Podolske:

I am a terrible human being.

Love,
Jennifer Myszkowski

Also, maybe your new comedy starts with the Tony Little Gazelle. I mean, we've already proven that it's hilarious. Maybe you talk about the moment you succumbed to it's siren song.

I've got my own skelatons. After all, until I gave it to the Goodwill, I owned the Dance Your Pants Off suite of Richard Simmons tapes.

Oh, humanity!