Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Understated, but lethal wit?!

I had my first review as a comic this week, and it's a beaut. It's Boston-based author Doug Holder's review of the Laughing Liberally show Saturday night at Jimmy Tingle's Off Broadway. While it's curious to see what he found noteworthy in each comic's set, I am grateful to not have been misquoted, maligned--or worse. For the whole story, go here and look for the entry for June 26 entitled, "Off the Shelf by Doug Holder: Laughing out loud at Laughing Liberally.” An excerpt:

Anne Podolske, a self-described lesbian comic from Western Massachusetts, who has an understated, but lethal wit, skewered the Republicans’ care and handling of the gay community. Podolske talked about coming out in her 30’s. She said she grew up in rural Wisconsin, which she said was less than a “sultry” state. She was popular with men early on because as she put it: “I had long blonde hair and a drinking problem.” Later she joined the Peace Corp because she felt;” Maybe Mr. Right is abroad.”

At 47, Podolske had an astute observation about middle age love. She quipped: “Love means knowing who is going to drive you to your colonoscopy.” Having just had one I had to concur!

2 comments:

Doug Holder said...

Undersated but lethal that might have been a bit much but I enjoyed your humor!--Doug Holder

Doug Holder said...

Understated but lethal might have been a bit over-the-top but I did enjoy your humor I was your first huh? You'll never forget me then I suppose. Best of luck--Doug Holder