Thursday, June 22, 2006

Good grief!

The Laughing Liberally show is in two days, and I have been driving myself a little crazy trying to decide which bits must be included in my 7-10 minute set.

The usual intro?
Check.

The growing up drunk and hetero bit?
Check.

The Peace Corps/maybe Mr. Right's ------ bit?
Check.

The more of a threat to the institute of marriage bit?
Check.

The glad I was a drunk straight girl back when birth control was just a prescription bit?
Check.

But then, I get all confused.

Adam & Steve? Commitment commemorative collection? Give me equality or give me a G--damned deduction? Close but no cigar?

I'd need 15 minutes to do them all, so I have to choose. And my choices have changed each day this week.

Right now, right this minute, I'm opting for ditching Adam & Steve, but keeping the tax deduction and close, but no cigar item.

But I love Adam & Steve so. It just takes too darn long. And the commitment commemorative collection? That takes a while, too. ALAS!

At least I am certain of my close: Homophobia as a force for good....
As for the middle bits, I'm going to have to keep fussing, and pray for clarity when my time comes.
What else is a comic to do? AIEEEEE!

No comments: