Monday, June 19, 2006

Giving notice

Told my former full-time and now part-time publisher that we're through as of next month. I have to say, after our chat, I felt like a million bucks.

That's a little ironic, for the result of this early-than-planned departure will not entail financial security of the million-dollar variety--quite the opposite.

But, the extra job on top of a full-time job and The Comedy was too much for me and my gal. We all have only a limited number of hours in a day, and the older I get, the more I realize I need to spend my hours wisely. And with all that they wanted for what they paid, the publisher is just not worth my while.

The Comedy will be my secondary focus, and while the pay is laughable indeed, it's rewarding in a way the publisher could never be.


Hooray for COMEDY!

No comments: