Saturday, April 08, 2006

Our boy is back!

We brought our dear boy Linus home Thursday afternoon, and we're all relieved and grateful to have him back--all except Shwea and Oatmeal, that is (they enjoyed having the place to themselves, the little so-n-so's).

Linus was very drugged up when we brought him home, but restless--as though he didn't trust that he could relax here. Yesterday, he began to sleep in earnest, and today he's begun begging for food and was really disappointed when he couldn't go on a proper walk with Linda and Shwea this morning. (We have to restrict his movements until his stitches get out in 10 days or so.)

In other words, he's really getting better--oh, happy days!

And may I say, Linda has been a trooper through all of this. She not only was the one who saved his carcass to begin with, but she has also taken large chunks of time off from work to tend to our boy, and for that I will always be grateful.

And this morning, she saw how disappointed Linus was, so she bent down and showed him the part of the vet's instructions that said he couldn't take walks--it might not have meant a thing to Linus, but it charmed me tremendously.

What a sweetie!

On other fronts, I have a ton o' bills to get through, so close I must. And I should be keeping a close eye on Linus--we're supposed to keep him from licking his nether regions, which is rather like keeping a bunny from hopping. (Such is the nature of doctor's orders, eh?)

Lest I forget, the open mic on Thursday was just okay--the audience had mood swings all night, but they did seem to like some of my new material (especially on my twisted childhood--am almost grateful to note that all of that angst and insanity isn't going to waste!). The audience was a little less charitable to some of the other comics, though, and that I hate to see. Lighten up, folks--it's ENTERTAINMENT!!!

And I am working on getting on the Laughing Liberally stage in May--May 10, to be precise. NYC, here I come! (Or so I hope--will keep you posted.)

No comments: