Saturday, January 07, 2006

Not 100%, but getting there

It's been a week, but the less said, the better. Am enjoying the gig with the non-profit so far, but do have a lot of uncertainty on my horizon, which I suppose is better than deadly dull in-a-rut certainty, but not very easy on the nerves.

Didn't feel too hot at the open MIC on Thursday night, but the material was mostly new and untested and I am still trying to get over a very nasty cold, so what did I expect? Was surprised that some of my material was received as it was, though. Am not giving up on the "trickle down" joke, but I had a lot to contend with this week, and The Comedy suffered for it. The good news is that my riff on my current pay situation did work--to wit, from here on in, we're going to party like it's 1989.

Oh well. Now, I must go and paint--we're still painting, believe it or not.

Is this residual painter karma, courtesy of my father the painting contractor? I don't know, but it is something I wonder about, when I'm not thinking about everything else that's going on these days.

Which is a lot--but again, the less said the better. Alas.

Believe me, I am not comfortable being a Woman of Mystery, but that's the only way to go and keep my body and soul together.

No comments: