Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another great show!

The second "Girls!Girls!Girls!" was a hit, from all appearances, even if one of the comics was unable to come (she got "travel sickness," poor duck). I was happy to be on the docket rather early, for I was then able to relax and enjoy the show--and there was a lot to enjoy. Jennifer did the usual fabulous job of hosting, and as usual, her joke about that pasty white substance had the crowd helpless with laughter. If there is a joke Hall of Fame, that joke belongs there.

Other good news: A lot of people that said they were going to show up actually did, indeed, SHOW UP. That was wonderful, too!

And the comments from the audience warmed the cockles, what can I say? My favorite Red Hat Lady was there, as were some folks I'd never seen before in my life. That they came up to me to thank me, very specifically, for my set was touching. I never had the nerve to do that before I became a comic, so I am really moved when people who are not in the "public spectacle" business come up to talk.

It felt really good to perform. Thanks to the insanity that has been the past few months, I haven't had much stage time of late, and while that's understandable (a gal's gotta have a way to make a living), I have to take steps to make more comedy happen this year, really and truly.


We shall see what we can do.....

No comments: