Friday, January 27, 2006

Girls! Girls! Girls! The Comedy is upon us!!!

Yes, tomorrow night is the big show in Easthampton, and I'm starting to get a wee bit aflutter at the prospect. Have been sooooo silly busy the past couple of weeks, I haven't had a lot of time to worry about it (which is good), but I have been thinking about what I was going to do this week while driving hither and yon.

(Wherever that is.)

But the thing is, I'll be ready. WOO!

On other fronts, I've been noticing that "Brokeback Mountain" is starting to make inroads into the national vernacular. I've seen references to it in political cartoons and elsewhere, and while it might be used perjoratively for the most part, I prefer some high school kid warning another kid "Don't get all Brokeback on me" to calling him a "Faggot" any day.

Faggot is just one of those words, you know? Unless you're an idiot, and call a lesbian a faggot. That verges on the tragicomic. I haven't had that disorienting experience, but I have heard enough lesbians report they have to be grateful I've missed this particular insult.

Count yer blessings, say I! And now, it's time to go to bed. I get to sleep in tomorrow morning, and that is a rare and wonderful thing.

Hope to see you tomorrow night!

No comments: