Thursday, September 08, 2005

Time to put the humor on...

I got in late last night, and as I am not one of those people who can get by on less than a full night's sleep, I'm a bit knackered. Unfortunately, I'm going to try to emcee a comedy open mic tonight for a friend of mine. From what I've seen, this job requires a sharp wit, keen sense of timing, and the ability to keep things moving along.

All of which make me want to start humming, "The impossible dream."

I don't have it, people. But perhaps I'll get it.

Tried the Frappucino and cookie cure midafternoon, but it's starting to wear off. Perhaps some dinner will do the trick.

There's always ice cream, if things get truly desperate. It might not help me perk up, but I won't care so much if I suck.

As for the fruits of my NYC trip, the less said the better is still the best course. Let's just say I'm kicking the job hunt up a notch.

Gotta go--full, demoralizing details to come tomorrow. Or Saturday, if I just don't have the gumption to blog.....

No comments: