Saturday, September 10, 2005

Glad that's over! (And so, likely, are you)

Well, I didn't burst into flames while emceeing Thursday night at the open mic, so my number-one criterion for a successful show was met. (We keep our expectations low, don't you know, so as to improve our chances of success.)

But I didn't feel exactly on top of things, which is to be expected. And I do have a heightened admiration for my comedy buddy
Jennifer's ability to keep the show going and keep the energy up--while I may have managed the former, I don't think I did very well at the latter.

Energy, thy name is not Annie P.


My mother wasn't exactly a sizzler, herself. As she was fond of recalling, the only thing she remembered from her gym classes as a girl was the teacher yelling, "EVERT! Pick up your feet!"


But for a few demographic details, I am my mother's daughter. This is true.

So, while I didn't exactly set energetic performance heights, I didn't ruin the show for life, so that no one would darken its door again. In other words, I'm content.

No, it doesn't take much.

Now, I must try to figure my finances (light a candle, if you can) and try to put the finishing touches on my latest deadline for the folks in NYC. Not exactly a weekend for the ages, but at least I'm not sitting around sulking.

I'm saving that for later.

No comments: