Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Cranky combo-platter #4,567

Since the Full Moon (aka the first-month anniversary of Linda's passing), I have noticed myself a little less than charitably inclined towards life's little irritations and irritants. Okay, I've been cranky. So cranky, I am beginning to wonder if a pair or two of Linda's contrary underwear were part of my inheritance.

I even dropped an F-bomb earlier today--no, make that two. Of course, it is a rare day when a gal manages to get twisted up in her dog's leash and spills half a cup of hot coffee on her pants while picking up dog doo. Definitely merited a twofer in the "bomb" category, I'd say.

Perhaps it's the pressure from work (note to self: next time you have to take leave for any reason, try not to come back from said leave during the height of busy season and/or after a layoff, okay?). Perhaps it was my need to discuss money matters more than once this week (though I met with a financial person today who seems very promising, I'm happy to note). Perhaps it's just grief, or sorrow, or just big, fat sadness taking on a cranky guise.

This is probably not a multiple choice matter. Yet another combo-platter, I'm guessing. Sigh.

Yes, I am functioning, but not at 100%. Am getting "must dos" done, but not much else. That is going to have to do for now, and if anybody doesn't like it, he or she is just going to have to [fill-in-your-favorite-physical-insult-here].

Thank God for friends, for sweetness, for Shwea. For God, too, for that matter (he/she/it finds me very amusing, from what I can see).

Oh well, that's something, eh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh there is nothing like a good f-bomb or two. Heck sometimes three or four sum up a moment. Ask Serena Williams - she gave the f-bomb a new art form. I found a recent moment with IT a near Guinness Book moment.

Enjoy a free expression moment or two :-)
Kathy B.
P.S LOL my word verification for this post is 'rants'

PJ said...

Hiya Kiddo....

Cranky is good, in my book. Hell, Peg would not recognize me if I weren't.
Try not to take anything too seriously right now...
I can only imagine the sadness, and just want you to know you are not alone. We are still here.

PJ and Peg