Saturday, March 24, 2007

Goddess bless the Comedy Studio

Had a good set at the Studio Thursday night, including a compliment from a very attractive member of the audience (not that I wouldn't be thrilled by a compliment from an unattractive member of the audience, mind you) that made my day. That certainly helped repair some of the damage of the week's events (otherwise known as the Froze My Keister Off for No Good Reason debacle).

Endured some very good-natured ribbing from Rick regarding my failed attempt at fame on Tuesday night. Apparently, such madness is the act of a new comic, so I am (pathetically, perhaps) finding a little solace in the fact that I am "new" at something. (Teetering on the brink of 50, one isn't new at much.) Also enjoyed a chance to catch up with the multi-talented and politically endearing comic/actor/poet Chris O'Carroll, who had just finished a run of "Romeo and Juliet" in Maine.

One of the other comics (who turned out to have some of the creepiest "jokes" I have heard in a long time--but then, I have good reason to not find pedophilia funny) complimented Chris on one of his poems. Intrigued, I rummaged about on our friend the Internet to find some. My favorite is his poem about not wanting his obit to feature anything about his resisting his fate, but I don't want to violate copyright law, so will only post an excerpt from a list of some of his fabulous limericks instead:

Said a therapist from Waxahachie,
“Because every man lacks a snatch, he
Is bound to have issues
About female tissues.
Venus envy -- that sounds pretty catchy.”

What's not to love about that, eh?

On other fronts, while walking the dogs this morning, I saw that a neighbor was accepting delivery of an appliance from the store that sold us the stove that sits on our back porch to this very day. I was upset at first, but then realized said neighbor has a nasty German shepherd who has threatened our dear Linus on more than one occasion, and I thought to myself, "Couldn't happen to a nicer neighbor."

Petty, I know. I'm only human, people--and I am still recovering from the Froze My Keister Off debacle. As I've said many a time, the carcass is very unforgiving at this stage.

Now I must go exercise, so I can eat Herrell's ice cream and hot fudge at Jennifer's Best Party Ever tonight without worry. Woo!

No comments: