Sunday, May 14, 2006

A long drive that paid off....

The Comedy in this part of the country entails driving like you wouldn't believe--or maybe you would, as I've already noted that I drove 4,000 miles last year in pursuit of this elusive art form.

And some days, you drive for hours only to have the sort of show that makes you wonder why you couldn't enjoy knitting or scrapbook design, something anonymous and quietly satisfying.

But other days, you drive for hours and have the sort of show that makes you wonder why you don't do Comedy every day of your life. I had such a show last night, and I'm savoring it while I can.

For tonight, I'm off to The Studio in Cambridge, where one can be a hero one night, a zero the next. Last time I was there, I was decidedly on the zero side of the spectrum, and I'm hoping last night's luck will hold tonight.

But I know The Comedy is a fickle creature, so am just hoping I enjoy the drive. I know I will enjoy not driving--Jennifer is, bless her Comedy Buddy heart. I drove to the show alone last night, and if it wasn't for my new XM radio, I would have lost my mind.

Here's hoping.....

No comments: