Monday, May 15, 2006

Erin Judge presents...

Well, Saturday night was my high water mark for the weekend, if you'll excuse the expression (we're in the midst of monsoon season, so such expressions are much in the news). Last night's show at The Studio was all comics and two audience. Two audience members who were friends of Jennifer Myszkowski--well a friend and the friend's mother, to be precise.

So, it was one of those nights. Not terrible, but decidedly so-so.

A highlight? Emcee Erin Judge had a young comic with long blonde hair pretend to be me (in my drunk straight girl days) after my set. She stood next to Erin glassy-eyed with a scorpion bowl (a very large, potent drink that is typically served with two straws. Hah!).

That was the unnerving part--I have long thought that the old Ann Podolske would just love a scorpion bowl. Or two. With one straw, naturally.

Thank goddess she's not around any more!

So, they're making fun of me at The Studio. That's some kind of pathetic progress, eh?

(No need to answer that.)

No comments: