Thursday, May 11, 2006

Laughing Liberally Lab: Lessons Learned

Well, I don't know if there were any lessons learned last night in NYC, but one gets ones alliteration on, it's hard to stop.

The Lab is, in essence, an open mic with a liberal twist. And as such, the crowd was 90% young comics, 10% middle-aged (and older) friends of Ann Podolske.

It wasn't bad, really--my set went pretty well (but for forgetting a section on gay marriage), but it wasn't an EVENT, you know what I mean?

What did I expect? I dunno--more non-comedians than my close friends from the old days, perhaps?

Not that I wasn't eternally grateful for them--it was wonderful to see them, and they were all very happy to see me. (I'm often surprised by this, being--how shall I put this?--a woman with a past. Someday, perhaps by the 2010s, I'll get over this.)

And you know--if I hadn't made the trip, I would have wondered, "What would have happened if I had gone to the Laughing Liberally Lab?"

As it is, I don't know the answer for what will happen because I did, except this: I saw friends, I made them laugh, and I got to wander around NYC for a while.

Not bad, not bad at all. Now, I must go walk the dogs (who I missed terribly).

No comments: