Sunday, February 26, 2006

Whoops--almost forgot!

My show last Thursday night? It was another of the "just okay" variety--but happily, there was no "2x4 moment" afterwards. The audience was mixed--half were listening, half were in their own Private Idahos. But not quietly, unfortunately.

But not that they were all just plain jerks--a couple were drunk--I mean, really, really drunk. It was deja vu for yours truly, as you can imagine, and my heart went out to the really, really drunk woman in particular. Been there. Done that. Don't remember it all, but enough to remember it's just an awful way to live.

Hope she and her companion(s) find their way to something better, and soon.

Oh, and a coworker from my new job showed up to see me, and she said she had a good time. That was nice, wasn't it? (Wish it had been a better show for her sake, but hey--it could have been worse!)

So, even if the show wasn't stellar, I left there one grateful woman. Now, back to the laundry.....

No comments: