Sunday, February 12, 2006

Let it snow...

Yippie Skip! Winter's back, and I, for one, am happy about it. It was just getting so darn dreary around here--brown lawns, bare trees, and gray skies are a frumpy combination, in my view. A fresh coat of snow is just the ticket. (Have I mentioned that I'm from Wisconsin?)

We took the dogs out for their constitutional earlier today, and had a blast. They both perk up when it's snowing, and look absolutely ridiculous (and adorable) when wearing piles of snow on their coats and noses.

Of course, I haven't tried to move any of this snow yet--am waiting till the plows have run their course. That may be hard to do, though, for I've noticed that the DPW likes to swing through the 'hood one more time after everyone has cleared their driveways.

Just another public service from the dimwits and not-so-gentle people at the DPW.

(No, I haven't gotten over the tire incident or the near-death experience the DPW wrought quite yet. Soon, goddess, let it be soon.)

It's good to have Miss Linda back at home, even if her laundry reeks of mothballs. (Her mother's house seems coated in camphor. Yuck!)

What is it about mothballs and the elderly? Like a moth to a flame....

Speaking of laundry, must get back to it--have to get the wardrobe ready for the next week o' work in the joy that is Corporate America. Woo!

No comments: