Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hasta la vista, 2007!

While I thought 2005 had distinguished itself as a year for the "Into each life some rain must fall" archives--it was the year I lost 70% of my long-term job and had my first colonoscopy, after all--2007 was a doozie.

Linda and I had to say goodbye to our cat Oatmeal, my dear aunt Barb, and, as if that weren't enough for one year, our dear shepherd mix Linus, aka Lamby man. That just happened on the 28th of December, and we're still reeling. (We put together a web site in his honor--it's helped a lot, and I highly recommend putting some sort of archive on your loved one together to anybody who is grieving.)

As you might imagine, The Comedy was not a prevailing feature of 2007, which I now consider the Year of the Loss-a-Thon. However, one of the few bright spots emerging from the death of Linus is that I no longer have the responsibility of being a home health care aid for a dog, so I will have more time and freedom to pursue gigs in 2008. Linda and I will also be able to travel a bit more, and that will be good for us, too.

But who knows what this year may bring? A new dog, most likely. (Even though she's no mere slip of a girl, the house is just too darn empty with "just" Shwea in it.) Otherwise, it's anyone's guess, and I, for one, am full of hope for the New Year.

Yes, some people never learn. ;-)

No comments: