Sunday, December 17, 2006

Things could be worse...

I admit I have been feeling a bit at the mercy of the aging process of late, and may even have allowed myself a whine or two. Sorry.

Heard something today that made my petty dental complaints seem, well, petty. A member of my family is facing a hip replacement. This would not be major news if said family member were in my parent's generation, well into their 80s, but unfortunately, said family member is a fellow Baby Boomer. Not even 60 yet. Sheesh!

Can't help but observe: These days, we're going from the "hip" generation to the "hip replacement" generation.

My apologies.

And I also heard that another canine member of the family is having hip trouble--yes, this canine is under the same roof as the family member who is facing hip replacement. The irony? An office visit and x-ray for the human with the hip problem was $15. For the canine with the hip problem? $500.

Our Linus is still struggling with his bum/arthritic leg. We have added vitamin C to his diet, as that's supposed to help. And a low dose aspirin, once a day. FYI, in the off chance it might help, we're looking into doggie acupuncturists--so if you know any in Western Mass, do tell.

On the good news front, I shipped everything that needed to be shipped this weekend, sending parcels to our nation's capital, a small town in Wisconsin, and Detroit. Sleeze, cheese and "Freeze!"

The humor gods are not smiling today, this is obvious. The only merciful thing to do is to stop. Now.

No comments: