Thursday, February 05, 2009

South of the border....

Am keeping myself amused while in not-so-sunny Mexico (a very large rain storm is upon us) by roaming the streets of the Internet. Am enjoying the fact that a lot of the pages I'm used to viewing (Google, for one major example) are in Spanish. A nice change, that, though it took me a while to figure out which word/phrase meant "sign in" for this blog (Acceder, I think).

Checked our home voicemail yesterday, and received a very amusing message from my Aunt Libby, a grand gal who is the last living member of my mother's generation of family. As such, she is well versed with the saga of the Republican branch discussed below, and learned from my sister about the comic coincedence at the Comedy Studio the other night. (My performing on the same stage as the daughter of my cousin, the GOP congressman, to be specific.)

"That's a kick," she said. "I didn't know anybody in that family had any humor."

Ouch. That's about as direct as my people get--and Libby has been known to vote Republican, so that's not her politics talking.

May explain why our families "lost touch" years ago, eh?

No comments: