Saturday, January 31, 2009

Show tonight!

Yes, tonight around 8:00 I have a 15-minute set at Alexander's Restaurant in Feeding Hills (Agawam?), MA. More info on my MySpace page (link to the right).

OVERDONE ALERT: As of yesterday, I have a Facebook page, too, for apparently I need to have more websites than Heinz has pickles....

The good news is that Facebook is not as youth-oriented as I had feared, especially as during registration it asked a lot of questions about where and went I went to school (including high school, as if that matters a whit). But once I put my site together, a veritable deluge of face cream ads appeared, and realized Facebook isn't for kids anymore.

On other fronts, an amusing thing happened at the Comedy Studio Thursday night. I had a good set, which of course, was amusing in its own way, but that's not the "thing." Another comic on the docket that night was a young woman, also from Wisconsin, who also made a good show. Since much commentary was made about the large Midwestern contingent that night, we chatted afterwards. I remembered her first name, but not her last, until I got home that night, and looked at the night's lineup. Funny, her last name was the same as that of my cousin the Republican congressman, who I discussed here (he keeps me from being the black sheep of the family, bless his heart). Turns out she is the daughter of that congressman, and while I e-mailed her to share my discovery, she hasn't e-mailed back.

Am guessing she hasn't responded because my branch of the family was not exactly looked upon favorably by her branch--while the congressman is a bit of an embarrassment to my liberal democratic family, our liberal, democratic ways likely made the congressman and his clan flinch.

She might not have even known about our family. Hope I didn't open a can o' familial worms. Or maybe I do--secrets are rarely a good idea.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to contemplate having a big, old dykesauras as a relative. One can see where that could be problematic, eh?

Oh well, it is amusing--and a little weird--to contemplate. It also suggests there may be some sort of standup comedy gene.

Oddness!

No comments: