Saturday, February 21, 2009

Isn't it romantic?

Have been reading the local San Diego paper while in Mexico, and came across this amusing song title under the heading, Top 5 Digital Songs: "My Life Would Suck Without You," by Kelly Clarkson.

And they say romance is dead.

What similarly underwhelming statements of appreciation could I concoct for my dear sweetie of 16 years? Reviewing recent events, the following come to mind:

"I Wouldn't Be 'Vacationing' in a Questionable Part of Mexico Without You"
Or: "My Knowledge of Enemas Would Be Nada Without You"

Need to noodle on this a bit more, perhaps.

On other fronts, I was also quite taken by another item in the paper featuring Bristol Pallin, Sarah Pallin's teenage daughter who also happens to be an unwed mother. While she asserts that teenagers should avoid having sex, she also admits that abstinence "is not realistic at all."

Thanks for clearing that up, Bristol!

No comments: