Sunday, February 24, 2008

Somewhere in the middle....

Last night's Girls! Girls! Girls! was neither the best of times nor the least--a sorta middle-of-the-road, went-okay-kinda show, I'd have to say. The audience was there for the comedy, but they were a subdued lot. Especially for bits that usually get uproarious laughter--for Jennifer as well as yours truly.

Of course, I was not on the top of my game, being on the mend from a very unfunny cold/flu/who can tell? I forgot my way twice, which I should admit is typical (who am I kidding?). Also dropped from my memory banks two new bits that I thought might work, but I did remember enough of some other new bits (that largely worked, happily), that I don't feel too bad about it.

I'm particularly grateful that I didn't have a coughing jag, which I think indicates the sort of show it was. Didn't kill, and didn't really think that was in the cards, truly. Was grateful to get through my set without the whole room wanting to hand me a Hall's mentholyptus.'

(Yes, we keep our expectations on the low side, we do.)

And the high-ranking person from Big Company didn't show, but the dear pastor did, as did a number of her flock. Couldn't ask for more there, certainly.

So, that's how the latest in the Girls! x 3 franchise went for me. Jennifer, Arielle, Bethany and Erin did wonderfully, by the way--I was very happy to see them all (as was the audience, in their low-key way.)

If you feel as though you missed out, never fear: The next all-women show is on May 17, when I hope to be hale and hearty and in full recollection of all of my new material.

It's good to have goals, eh?

No comments: