Sunday, February 10, 2008

Silver lining of sorts

Last night's show in Chicopee was one of those stunningly bad shows that make the good shows that much sweeter. The comics performed in front of a video beanbag (I kid you not) game and an electronic trivia game. The sound system would be at home in the New York City subway.

The crowd directly in front of us was there for comedy, but the bar was to our left and full of loud people who were there to drink and what-all, and to the right was a serious poker game.

Not an ideal scenario, but I wasn't expecting anything less. (Thank you, Jennifer.)

The good news is that I saw some of my favorite comics/people, received some very encouraging feedback, and left there feeling pretty darn good about The Comedy and some people in it.

And not once did I think of drowning my sorrows in some high-octane butterfat. I didn't have sorrows to drown. Good thing--considering the strict diet* I'm on these days, that sort of thing would probably kill me.

* I'm supporting Linda in her need to avoid wheat, sugar, salt, dairy and most things that taste good. (At home, anyway.)

No comments: