Friday, October 26, 2007

Trying times, these

My dear aunt is gone, one of my dear dogs is going to join her in the not-too-distant future, and my dearest has been having a challenging time.

And her challenges are my challenges, don't you know.

Sigh.

Am reminded of a lyric from a song on one of my Ella Fitzgerald CDs: "Into each life, some rain must fall, but too much too much too much is falling in mine...."

Indeed.

But this too shall pass, as they say, which is cold comfort when "this" includes one of the sweetest creatures on the planet.

And The Comedy has taken a back seat to all of this "stuff," as you can imagine. Alas, there's sad news on this front, too. Jimmy Tingle is letting the lease on his fabulous theater lapse, so there will be no more Jimmy Tingle Off-Broadway as of November 1.

The man and his staff knew how to treat comics, and his theater could be tremendously intimate with the right crowd.

It was also the site of my favorite show ever, the Laughing Liberally Tour of 2006.

Oh well.

I haven't been posting. Now you know why.

Count yer blessings, eh?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann: Shhh, this is John Brady. UW-Madison. French class. Is this you? Carol Krigbaum?I didn't read your whole thing but I was in that "who have I known and what are they up to?" mode. Anyway....Elroy4ever@aol.com